Academy of Language Arts is a Japanese Language School in Tokyo
Academy of Language Arts
TEL 03-3235-0071


About applications

Q. When is the deadline for applications?

A. We have four admission dates in a year (January, April, July and October).
For those applying for a student visa, each term has its own deadline.

Q. When should I start preparing the documents to apply for a visa?

A. All visa documents must be dated within the 3 months prior to the immigration office. Please contact us if you have any questions about visa deadlines.

Q. Can I go to the school with a working holiday visa?

A. Yes. The process is different from a student visa. Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions.

About classes

Q. Is it possible to choose between morning classes and evening classes?

A. Your class is based on your Japanese level and as such are not interchangeable.

Q. Are there any tests in class?

A. Yes. There are tests during each term, as well as an end-of-term exam.Your class for the next term will be determined based on the result of your tests,attendance and interview with a teacher.

Q. Do you offer trial lessons?

A. Yes. We also check your Japanese level before the trial lesson to help find the class that is best for you. please do not hesitate to contact us with your availability to arrange a trial lesson.

About the school

Q. Are you able to find part-time or full-time work?

A. Yes. We post job listings on a bulletin board in the school.
We also offer job-seeking support such as assistance in writing Japanese resume, and practice for job interviews.

Q. I currently go to another school in Japan. Can I transfer to ALA?

A. Yes. However, depending on your personal circumstances, this may not be the case.

Q. When do I need to pay fees for the next term?

A. Please pay by the last day of the current term.


Q. Do you offer scholarships?

A. Yes. We have ALA scholarship and different scholarships from outside entities.Please check the scholarship’s page for more details.

Q. Do I need to register for student insurance?

A. Registration for student insurance is mandatory for those on student visas.To make a student insurance claim, please hold on to the receipt from the relevant hospital (or clinic) and bring it to the school reception.We will process your claim and you will be partially refunded as per the terms of the student insurance policy.

Q. Is it possible to work part time job with a student visa?

A. A student with a Student visa can take a part-time job with permission of a part-time job from the immigration bureau for up to maximum 28 hours per week. Also, its possible to work up to maximum 8 hours a day during the holiday (Spring, Summer, and Winter).